Keeping a facility clean is a messy business. But it’s much easier to manage when you hire a commercial janitorial company. Commercial janitorial services can help you keep your business or organization clean throughout the day and improve outcomes for the people who visit and work there. But what exactly do commercial janitorial services include and why should you hire a professional company to perform these services?
Commercial janitorial service companies come in many shapes and sizes. There are independent, solo operations, as well as much bigger, more robust companies that have teams of professional cleaning experts.
Most commercial janitorial services include a mix of different optional services, such as:
- Regular cleaning. Commercial janitors typically provide regular cleaning services, keeping a designated area clean on a regular basis. Depending on the nature of the organization and the environment to be cleaned, this could mean a simple cleaning session at the end of each day, a more exhaustive effort on a weekly basis, or something else entirely.
- Day porter services. Day porter services are designed to provide touch ups and cleanings to an area throughout the day. For example, if you hire a day porter for your office, they may be responsible for cleaning the bathrooms, emptying trash cans, and wiping down high-touch services during business operations.
- Deep cleaning. Most commercial janitorial services also include deep cleaning on a periodic basis. When everyone is out of the office, janitors can come in and clean every nook and cranny of the building.
- Move in/move out cleaning. Commercial janitorial services also provide the option for move in or move out cleaning. If you plan on changing offices soon, this is especially important. You’ll want to make sure your business starts with the cleanest possible environment – and if you’re moving away from somewhere, you don’t want to leave behind a mess.
- Disinfection. Commercial janitors practice routine disinfection, sanitizing surfaces to keep infectious illnesses at bay.
Alder FM can help you track down high-quality cleaning services like medical-grade disinfection near you.
So what are the benefits of janitorial commercial cleaning? Let’s start by looking at some of the benefits of regularly cleaning your business:
- Higher morale and productivity. Employees, students, and other active participants in your organization should benefit from higher morale and productivity when engaging in a cleaner environment. With clean surroundings, people are able to focus with greater clarity and get more done throughout the day.
- Better impressions on clients, patrons, and visitors. A clean environment also leaves a better impression on clients, patrons, and other visitors. If you’re trying to make a great first impression with a prospective new client, or if you want to make sure your school truly wows new parents, it’s important to have cleaning services in place.
- Improved health outcomes. Indoor air quality (IAQ) has a significant effect on a person’s health. Practicing regular disinfection and deep cleaning reduces circulating allergens in the air, limits the spread of bacteria and viruses, and generally can keep people in better health.
- Fewer maintenance and repair costs. Regular cleaning also benefits you in the form of fewer maintenance and repair costs. In some cases, cleaning can lengthen the lifespan of your appliances and assets. In others, it gives you an opportunity to catch small issues before they spiral out of control.
Hiring a professional cleaning company comes with some additional benefits:
- Expertise and knowledge. Janitorial cleaning companies are usually staffed with experienced professionals who know what they’re doing. Hiring one gives you access to greater expertise and knowledge.
- Tools and equipment. These companies also typically have access to better tools and more equipment. This allows them to clean your facility much more efficiently and with better finished results.
- Reliability and accountability. Hiring a janitorial service gives you reliable service with accountability. If there’s ever a lapse in the quality of the service you receive, you can address it – and your partner will work actively to set things right.
- Flexible plans and pricing. Most janitorial service providers offer flexible plans and pricing, allowing you to take advantage of all the services you need without any services you don’t.
- In-depth cleaning. Hiring a professional results in better work in practically every conceivable area. When you hire a professional cleaning service, you’ll get a more in-depth cleaning.
- Regular services. Business owners also love janitorial services because of their consistency. You can get cleaning services every day if you need them.
Simplicity. Hiring a single company is much easier and simpler than trying to manage an internal cleaning staff of your own. This can ultimately save you time and money.
Hiring commercial janitorial services seems beneficial, but with so many different companies actively competing with each other, how do you choose the best partner for your needs? Make sure you study the following:
- Core services. What core services are you looking for, and what services are provided by the janitorial company you’re considering? Most janitorial service companies are somewhat flexible, so if you don’t see services in line with your needs, consider asking for them.
- Staffing and training. Is this company adequately staffed and trained? In other words, are there enough janitors and other cleaning staff members to cover all your needs adequately? Are these people educated and experienced in the art of cleaning?
- Areas of specialty. Sometimes, it pays to hire a janitorial cleaning company with specific expertise in your industry or with businesses like yours. Does this company specialize in anything?
- Locations. Always check the location. Can this company provide janitorial services at your location?
- Pricing and contract stipulations. Finally, think about pricing and any contract stipulations that might influence the value of this arrangement. How can you get the professional cleaning services you need for a reasonable price?
A commercial janitorial company could be exactly what you need to keep your business or organization clean and functional. Finding the right commercial cleaning services for your needs can be tough – but we’re here to help you establish the perfect fit. Contact us for a free quote or more information today!
Share this entry
Click here to add your own text